Continuing to move forward …
Well, hello blog-world. It’s nice to see you again. 😉 In the 3 weeks since I last wrote, we’ve:
- continued to settle into our new home.
- all encountered the stomach crud … even the dog!
- lived life without Shun-Luoi while he traveled for work – thank goodness for Papa and Nana coming to help!
- said good-bye to our dog as she moved to her new temporary home in Arizona.
- had company for about 1.5 weeks straight (which we enjoyed very much, lest I sound like I’m complaining).
- worked on the multiple, multiple details that need to be taken care of prior to moving to Thailand (Seriously. If you’re not a details person, I wouldn’t recommend moving overseas. Whew!)
And those are just the cliff notes, folks. It’s been intense and in the midst of it all came a break-down regarding Thailand (me), a regained hopefulness and peace about moving to Thailand (me), struggles with behavior and attitudes in the midst of much transition (persons shall remain unnamed), and other such fun. Don’t get me wrong – I wouldn’t trade any (well, most) of it. It seems to all just be part of the adventure that God has us on. But, wow. Talk about intensity.
But, we keep moving forward. Sometimes, a bit hesitantly and with some fear. Other times, with great confidence and faith.
And it’s not just us. You do not need to be moving overseas to realize you are on some sort of adventure; one with ups and downs, one that seems at times to be full of only failures and at other times, mostly full of successes. Life can be intense and that’s the reality of it.
So the question is, how do you live “well” in the midst of the more intense times in life? How do you continue to walk faithfully with God and love others well during these times?
(These questions are not rhetorical. I’d love to hear your thoughts and/or practical suggestions.) 😉