Making cleaning simpler and safer (giveaway!)
While I don’t plan to ‘push’ products on this blog, I do want to share items from time to time that I think are worth sharing about; items I have personally used and recommend. I’ve got one such item for you today! Awhile back, I was having a group of moms and their small kiddos over for a play date. At one point, one of the moms said that she really wanted to show us something, then proceeded to get out a small cloth, rinse it with water, then wash my floor to ceiling glass deck doors until they were sparkling … in a matter of about 1 minute! All of the rest of us sat there in awe – the windows were so clean and after only using a cloth and water?! We wanted to know more … this friend told us more about the cloths, then proceeded to share that she had been selling them for 1 year. I accused her of holding out on us ;), and her response was that she didn’t ever want us to feel like she was pushing products on us, but that instead, when she eventually shared about the cloth, she wanted us to think she had been holding out on us!
Mission accomplished, my friend.
The cloth she was using was not just any cloth, but an E-cloth. I had never heard of such a thing. Basically, the e-cloths are a line of cleaning cloths that remove 99% of bacteria from surfaces without using any chemicals, but only water. Are you skeptical yet? I was. But then my friend told us more, plus brought out the ‘professional cleaning cloth’ with silver ions (she had been using the glass and polishing cloth on my windows) for me to try. I went around my house cleaning different things and actually had (gasp!) fun (!) seeing how clean things were getting. Did I buy a few cloths that day? You better believe it!
You may have heard of the Norwex cloth, which is a very similar product. I have never used the Norwex products, so cannot compare the two. However, because I went to the e-cloth facebook page and ‘liked’ it, I received a significant discount on anything I buy. Because of that, and because I cannot find much evidence that there is much difference between the 2 cloths, it made the most sense to buy the e-cloth. Plus, I’ve been very happy with both the polish and the professional cloths (I have not yet tried any of the other products). Here’s why I’m a happy camper with these cloths:
- No chemicals are used when cleaning with the e-cloths.
- 99% of bacteria is removed from the objects you are cleaning … with only the use of water!
- I use less sponges and paper towels, thus cutting down on the amount of waste I throw away.
- The surfaces I clean with the e-cloth are left residue-free. I especially love how the professional cloth removes grease from my stove top and how the polishing cloth makes my stainless steel-like refrigerator gleam!
- I can use the professional e-cloth on my wood floors, knowing that I am not hurting the wood with any chemicals (yes, I have to get down on my hands and knees, but it’s incredibly easier than using a mop!)
- I have used the professional e-cloth to remove stains from my kids’ carpet, and it made a significant difference.
- The professional e-cloth contains antibacterial natural silver, which serves to speed up the killing of bacteria in the cloth itself, thus keeping the cloths fresher. I love the thought that I am not simply smearing previously wiped up bacteria from my cloth onto other surfaces when I re-use the cloth (blech!)
Are there any negatives to the E-cloth? Well, I do find that they need to be washed after several days of use as they will start to smell a little funky, but that’s really not a huge issue and especially won’t be when I have built up my supply a bit more. Beyond that, I honestly cannot think of any complaint I have of the cloth. And if you’re wondering – no, I’m not just doing this post as a favor to my friend or because I’m getting some kick-back if any of you buy any e-cloths. To make things clear, I am not profiting in any way by writing this post.
I’ll be honest – I don’t know every single fact there is to know about the e-cloth, but what I do know, plus their performance in my house, really impresses me. If you’re still looking for Christmas presents, this could be a great item for someone who wants to simplify cleaning, stop using chemicals to clean, and/or wants to stop wasting sponges, paper towels, etc. that they use to clean.
Or… you could just invest in some for yourself.
Or… you could win one in the following give-away! I have bought one professional E-cloth with silver ions and would love to give it away for one lucky winner to try. All you have to do is leave a comment below and answer the following question: What thing(s) in your house do you most dislike cleaning? That’s it. Simple, no? Leave your comment by noon MST on Sunday, December 11th – the winner will be chosen and revealed on Monday, December 12th.
But, before you leave your comment, I wanted to let you know that, again, if you go to the E-cloth Facebook page and ‘like’ the page, you will receive 20% 50% off your orders. If that is not something you would like to do of if you are not a Facebook user, you can email the seller directly at TheEcloth@gmail.com to get the same discount.
Now, leave your comment … and happy cleaning!