Spice up your meals!
I don’t know about you, but as I mentioned in previous posts, I love to share as well as get recipes that have been tried and loved by others. There are just times when I get into a “cooking funk” where I almost feel like the kitchen is a foreign place; I have no idea what to make! Usually, all it takes is one great recipe to snap me out of my funk. In case any of you happen to be in a cooking funk, I thought I’d share some of “those” recipes that have the potential to snap you out of it. I hope you find one you enjoy! (I added a few of my own notes where I thought they may be helpful)
- Grandma’s Buttermilk Cornbread – the most moist cornbread I have ever tasted
- Mexican Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Pita chips – pair with the below hummus recipe!
- Quick and Easy Pizza Crust – I love this … no rising required!
- Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancakes
- Hobo Dinner – it’s not just for campfires anymore!
- Hash Brown Egg Bake
- Curried Coconut Chicken
- Delicious Ham and Potato Soup
- Creamy White Chicken Chili – my favorite soup recipe as of late
- Spicy Black Bean Burgers – love these! You could keep some in the freezer and pull out for an easy lunch!
- Hawaiian Barbeque Pulled Chicken Sandwiches – crockpot meal
- Roasted Chickpea Tacos – tasty vegetarian meal
- Quinoa and Black Beans
- Hummus – yes – you can make your own at home!
- Broccoli Salad
- Spanish Rice – great to pair with enchiladas or tacos
- Potato Pancakes – a good way to use up those left-over holiday mashed potatoes
- Baked French Fries – way better than french fries from a bag
You may be wondering – ‘where are the desserts?’ I would be if I was you! However, I found that most of the dessert recipes I most frequently use are not online, so I decided that I would hold off on those and share a few of my favorites in a different post.
Now you have no more excuses for not attempting to get out of your cooking/baking funk … have a great weekend!